Did you know that farm-raised seafood accounts for over half of all seafood eaten nationwide? Seafood farming, or aquaculture, can help feed a growing planet, but it must be done responsibly. When you are shopping for salmon, look for the sea green ASC label to ensure that the seafood you are getting is certified as responsibly raised, meaning it’s good for you, and the planet too. I picked mine up at Target and made this delicious & simple Sheet Pan Maple Dijon Salmon, paired with asparagus and rice. A new weeknight dinner staple!
INGREDIENTS (makes 4 servings):
· 2lbs MOWI salmon
· 3 tbsp butter, melted
· 3tbsp maple syrup
· 2 tbsp dijon wholegrain mustard
· 2 tbsp soy sauce
· 2 garlic cloves, minced
· 1 tsp salt
· 1 tsp pepper
· 1/2 tsp paprika
· 1 lemon
· 12-16oz asparagus
· 2 cups rice, cooked
1. In a small bowl add butter, maple syrup, dijon wholegrain mustard, soy sauce, garlic, salt, pepper and paprika & whisk until well combined
2. Remove salmon from packaging and pat dry. Place the salmon into a large baking dish, then top with the marinade. Add asparagus to the edges/in between the salmon fillets. Cut the lemon in half and place in the baking dish.
3. Bake at 425 for 17-20 mins or until the salmon is cooked through
4. While the salmon is baking, prepare your rice
5. Plate with rice, salmon, asparagus and a squeeze of the roasted lemon & ENJOY!